KQED Events & Member Days
Most Popular Events
Thu, May 30, 2013Countdown Celebration at SFMOMA - 10:00 AM
Mon, June 10, 2013Educator Workshop: Performing Arts Institute - 5:00 PM
Tue, June 18, 2013Film Screening: Community Cinema Presents Love Free or Die - 5:30 PM
Thu, July 25, 2013Ala Ebtekar Lecture at di Rosa in Napa - 7:00 PM
Tue, August 13, 2013Educator Event: Integrated Learning Summer Institute - 8:30 AM
Sun, July 14, 2013Sevathon 2013 - 6:30 AM
Fri, May 31, 2013Countdown Celebration at SFMOMA - 10:00 AM
Sun, May 26, 2013Auerbach World Premiere - All Day
Fri, May 24, 2013Auerbach World Premiere - All Day
Fri, October 18, 2013Doom, Dungeons and Beyond... the Importance of Video Games at Chabot Space and Science Center - 6:00 PM
Educator Training: KQED News Education Multimedia Storytelling Course
KQED News Education is hosting a 3-part multimedia training institute for Bay Area educators. The series convenes monthly on three Saturdays during the spring semester, and covers the use and creation of basic multimedia storytelling tools for direct applicability in the classroom. Participants will learn to create web-based interactive multimedia presentations, and explore how to use these applications with students to enhance engagement. Ideal for high school social studies and humanities teachers.
Participants are REQUIRED TO ATTEND ALL THREE SESSIONS and complete short projects between sessions. A $250 stipend will be awarded upon completion of the course and assignments.
Techniques covered will include:
- Audio slideshows and basic audio/video production techniques for iMovie, MovieMaker, and SoundCloud.
- Interactive maps and charts using Google Maps, fusion tables, GeoCommons, and iCharts.
- Multimedia presentations using interactive timelines and Prezi
- Publishing and social media tools, including tumblr and Storify.
Session dates (all sessions will take place at KQED in San Francisco):
- Saturday, February 9 from 10am to 3pm
- Saturday, March 16 from 10am to 3pm
- Saturday, April 27 from 10am to 3pm